Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Physical Therapy


Greetings!
Mid-day report after visit from the PT:

(oh, and if yesterday's poem seemed a bit 'out there', just imagine yourself in a boat watching the light shimmer over the water, wind crafting designs on the surface, waves lifting you up and down - the deep swell of the water felt beneath- and now you know the sensation accompanying long days, hours, moments passing as healing happens in what seems like a timeless capsule) ...oh these pain medications....!

So PT visits are challenging - rehab instructions come from Pamela, my energetic home-visiting physical therapist. She observes me walk, pushes and pulls on various areas of my new hip and leg while I sit or am lying down. I try to participate as much as I can. Today she taught me about proper 'pushing off' with a straight leg, so not to compromise new implants.

I'll practice more when I go out for a walk in the Washington Park this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allie - you are amazing! We were away in Alaska during your surgery, but I sent you lots of positive energy while I was trecking on the Mendell Galcier.... so it looks like it helped! Keep up the great work and don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything I can do.

Maureen - from Red Hats